- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Put potatoes in the pot, cover with water, bring it to boil, add a bit of salt and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Drain. If you are using oil, splash some over the potatoes and mix.
- Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer potatoes to it and place it in the oven. Bake for about 20–30 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out. Turn each potato around. Using a masher smash each potato until flattened but still in one piece.
- Sprinkle each potato with crushed garlic and place it back into the oven for additional 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.