- Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, poppy seeds) together.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together (non-dairy milk, oil, vanilla, aquafaba, lemon juice).
- Incorporate the wet mixture into the dry mix, until batter forms. Add more milk if you need to (a little bit at a time) until you get the classic muffin batter consistency.
- DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Pour into muffin paper caps.
- Place in 400° for 7-10 minutes, then 350° for another 10-15 minutes. Muffins are ready when they spring back to your touch.
- Decorate as you wish. i used coconut condensed milk as icing and sprinkled some lemon zest, poppy seeds, and coconut flakes on top.