Dried porcinis work especially well for this all-time Russian favorite.
- Cut all vegetables into half-inch cubes/pieces.
- Drop buckwheat, chopped celery-root, parsnips and carrots into a small stockpot with water, cook for 10 minutes at a low boil.
- While hard vegetables are boiling, sauté onions with a little bit of olive oil.
- Add sautéed onions, mushrooms and the remaining vegetables, salt, and bay leaves to the pot.
- Cook on low heat for another 25 minutes, then close the lid of the pot and let it cool off.