In it's raw unprocessed state, it is a powerhouse of nutrients like antioxidant flavanoids, sulphur, magnesium, essential fatty acids, theobromine - a mild, non-addictive stimulant that some believe can treat depression.
Here is a good simple recipe:
- Put parchment paper in a dish
- Whisk or pulse in a food processor the coconut oil, maple syrup and chocolate powder
- Add the optional ingredient or ingredients
- Pour mixture into the dish, cool in a refrigerator until it is solid
- Cut into pieces and serve
Please note: raw coconut chocolate is less stable than regular chocolate, it will melt when left at room temperature. It is best when served cold and eaten right away.